Thursday, April 8, 2021

Beautiful day in the neighborhood . . .

I am having trouble being angry at the darned squirrel. They are pains in the derriere but what the heck. I always chase him back across the fence. I tease the neighbor and tell him they are his squirrels!

Eastern Towhee - I was surprised to be able to get a half way decent photo. He was scrabbling around in the tall grass for a long time at South Park;  he just popped up onto the dead branch. I didn't even think about focus or anything else - just snapped the shot. It's the first time I see a Towhee since we moved from Moosup to Denham Springs.
 

Time to go to Oak Point and pick up a couple of chuck roasts for a stew day at Big Kiddo's home next week. I like to freeze them and prepare the meat when it is only partially thawed; it's much easier to trim the fat. I can't get good chuck roasts at our Neighborhood Walmart although I do like to shop there as it is small and I rarely have to worry about items being out of date. I"m not a good shopper. I make a list and buy what's on the list.  That's about it. If I get something on sale it is usually by accident. I may have to order my King Arthur Flours on line because all three stores I usually go to are out of it. That is also a pain in the buttski.

I guess that's enough complaining for now!

Quote:  He scatters enjoyment, says Lavater, who enjoys much; and it is equally true that he will enjoy much who scatters enjoyments to others. ____Quarles

No comments: