Monday, April 26, 2021

The rest of our Sunday story . . .

Cypress knees

Beginning of our swamp walk

Sewing Needle - that is what we called them when we were young back in the 1940's.

Forty shades of green

Cypress

Wild iris

My father's Libellule

Crossing the tracks to get back to the truck. We have often seen trains on these tracks when we are at the Manchac boat launch or having lunch at Middendorf's.

We saw no bears. I swear I don't think I could follow the rules.

Was hoping to see this boat really race along the water but it was too crowded. It is amazing to  see all of the people and boats maneuvering in and out of the boat launch area. There is a sand bar where the boats filled with kiddos can ? land ? so they can  play and picnic on the sand. I believe it can only be reached by water.

When we reached the end of the walk and were admiring another large body of water where you could sit on a bench and savor the peace and beauty we met a small gathering  of people coming towards us with balloons. We greeted each other and since there was a child and balloons I said we would leave so they would have room for the birthday party. To my sorrow and amazement they had come to spread the ashes of a man they loved. I offered my sincere sympathy and excused myself for being thoughtless but they said they were happy to be doing what their friend had asked them to do. They asked about the pictures I had been taking and Puppy's Pop made a funny remark which made us all laugh and we left them to their Sunday service. I really believe that they chose a perfect place for their friend's remains. 

Quote:  Is death the last sleep?  No, it is the last and final awakening. ______Walter Scott

Quote:  Alexander the great, seeing Diogenes looking attentively at a parcel of human bones, asked the philosopher what he was looking for. "That which I cannot find," was the reply; "the difference between your father's bones and those of his slaves."

No comments: