Friday, April 9, 2021

Celebratory Hot Fudge Sundae . . .

Northern Cardinal

Female Eastern Bluebird

European Starling
Northern Mockingbird competing with a lawnmower at South Park



It's been a very good day. Dr. D. told me this morning that my heart is back to functioning very well. I am tickled pink. We were able to do it with another pill so I'm really happy about that. I do feel stronger and with my left leg starting to feel better I was able to walk my usual walk around the neighborhood at noontime. Yes, it's a good thing the sun was playing around in the clouds because it was 80 degrees and I had no trouble with the heat. Don't know how much longer that is going to last - being able to walk in the late morning and early afternoon. I will have to go back to early morning or resort to walking indoors at North Park in the afternoon. I'd really prefer to walk outside so I guess I'll be walking the minute I get out of bed - before breakfast!! Ridiculous but preferable to indoors.

Not much else going on - I ate my Hot Fudge Sunday and Puppy's Pop had his strawberry ice cream sitting outdoors at the Marble Slab at Juban Crossing - perfect lunch! I spent a good part of the afternoon getting ready to plant the Marketmore Cucumber seeds in a big pot near the fence. I hope they grow well. We enjoy fresh cukes and tomatoes. I have a patio tomato loaded with little green fruit and I got Puppy's Pop a nice plant that will produce slicing tomatoes. He doesn't like the little ones. I also prefer the big tomatoes but we haven't had very good luck so far down here. We would need to bring in some good topsoil because our lawn grows in clay and fire ants! Not fun 'believe you me' as my Mother would have said! 

Quote:  A chord, stronger or weaker, is snapped asunder in every parting, and time's busy fingers are not practised in re-splicing broken ties.  Meet again you may; will it be in the same way? with the same sympathies? with the same sentiments? Will the souls, hurrying on in diverse paths, unite once more, as if the interval had been a dream? Rarely, rarely! ______Bulwer

 

No comments: