Saturday, April 24, 2021

Yesterday's crew change on the flooded Mississippi . . .

The video is about 2 1/2 minutes long. It shows the Lester Cruse pushing the nose of the barge into Bayou Sara where they will wait while changing crews. We are always impressed when we watch the workers coming and going. 


 

A Solitary Sandpiper searching for lunch as the crews exchange places.

To the far left of the photo you can see the tug boat through the trees. To the far right through the trees you will see the end of the barge. The fisherman is not quite equidistant from either end.

This crew is getting off of the Lester Cruse and will meet the incoming crew at the flooded boat dock. I decided against showing the videos of the arrival and departure.

We started the morning with breakfast at the Bird Man. It will be wonderful when all businesses are  back to normal. I must admit that the greatest pleasure of going to the Bird Man is the people and there is no way I can be in my comfort zone with the masks. It is a small cafe and it was always nice to sit at the counter, watch the cook and bump shoulders with the couples next to us and chat or listen to a guest play the piano. That can't happen anymore. Something is missing in my enjoyment of living. It seems I'm not living my life to full measure and that is too cruel. Well, I guess I can never write without having some sort of complaint. Since I write for my own pleasure I cannot fake my feelings but since a few people do check my blog it's not really fair to complain!  

When we returned home I walked in our neighborhood and grabbed a few photos. 


Pink Evening Wild Primrose


Quote:  The errors of woman spring, almost always, from their faith in the good, or their confidence in the true.   ___Balzac

Quote:  Wonder is involuntary praise. ____Young

No comments: