Wednesday, April 21, 2021

I needed that . . .


Photos were taken about 3 years ago

 I finally decided to enjoy myself in Baton Rouge. I had an eye doctor appointment at 10:30 this morning and everything is just fine. I just complain a lot because I hate wearing glasses and sunglasses with bifocals but I should be pleased that I see so well and the colors of my life are perfect. The Doctor wanted to dilate my eyes but I said unless it was absolutely necessary I didn't want to do that so he let it go until next year. 

After the visit I went to Perkins Rowe. It's been over a year since I indulged myself at Barnes & Noble. Oh my, what a lot of fun. I only ended up by buying 3 books and 3 cards but it was so pleasant roaming around a book store. It really is one of my favorite pastimes. Before I went to comfort myself by gliding around the books I stopped at La Madeleine for French Toast with strawberries and their special cream garnish. I swear I felt pretty close to heaven as I sat and enjoyed people watching through the window.


 

To top off this beautiful sunny, cool, dry day I spoke with my younger sister and she had just received the Calla Lily  I sent from FTD Florists. She was delighted that it fit perfectly on the window sill in her room at Meadow Brook. Now I must prepare something for supper but that's okay. I'm up to the task!

Quote:  In my youth I thought of writing a satire on mankind, but now in my age I think I should write an apology for them.  _____Walpole

No comments: