Thursday, April 29, 2021

Oh what a state I'm in . . .

Red-bellied Woodpecker





 It has been a very good but tiring day. I had an appointment with an orthopedic doctor in Zachary for 1:30 this afternoon because my left leg has not been walking properly. The office called and asked me to come for 3:30 as they were extremely busy so that's what I did. At 5:00 I did get to see the doctor and I hate to say this after all of that waiting and uncertainty but it was worth every bit of time I spent waiting for him. The left hip has bursitis. I received probably the most painful shot I have ever had (and I have had some pretty painful shots) but I am feeling better already and can walk without limping! Yay! I will be going to physical therapy starting next week. 

The doctor is from Boston and went to medical school in New Orleans. He asked me where I was from and I told him Denham Springs but home was Connecticut. He went to BU and I told him our youngest went to Northeastern. He was full of stories about Boston.When his wife, one of the nurses came in she immediately asked where I was from because she heard me talking with her husband and she thought her husband's grandmother was in the room! I thought that was the funniest thing and she almost hugged me. A great time was had by all; I was the last patient of the day. I left the office about 6:45 and came home to a quick pickup supper. I am so happy that I went to this young, handsome couple at the clinic in Zachary. 

I'm out of time tonight. Bon soir, les amis.

Quote:  The poets did well to conjoin music and medicine, because the office of medicine is but to tune the curious harp of man's body.    _____Bacon

No comments: