Friday, April 16, 2021

Stringing together all of the rainy days . . .

Red-winged Blackbird from May 2018. They call to me every day. I put out fresh seeds but they will not show off for me so I had to find an old shot.

A mite wet yet I put out some seeds and he came.

A bit of sunshine so I could get a decent shot.

I love the colors. Hope it doesn't drown!

Feeling just a bit tired.  It's been a crazy wet week and I've had a lot of work to do. With the carpeting all cleaned up I went into a partial cleaning frenzy (only partial because it is not my favorite pass time, to be sure.) The house is looking really good and very comfortable for us Northern folks. So I will be able to spend some time just lazing around listening to Jane Austen on Audible. I don't mind her because Audible has turned her novels into what I call - radio format - Original Drama Series. It's fun to listen to the characters and sounds of the times. It's lighthearted, easy listening. Audible's Les Miserables was  magnificent but I had to really pay attention. As a matter of fact I had to slow the reading pace down a smidgen as my ears and brain could not keep up with the speed of the French language readers. It worked very well that way. Les Mis is a heavy book filled with so much that is perverse in man  yet we also discover the angelic ways of man. I find Jane Austen's novels very easy to enjoy.  It is rewarding to find books that are pleasant or unpleasant at times yet make you work hard and listen attentively to find the pathos in our imperfect world. 

Enough of thinking. I shall finish this day by completing the laundry, sitting in my new over stuffed rocking chair as we watch the few decent shows on what my father used to call 'the idiot box.'

Quote:  There is an evening twilight of the heart, when its wild passion waves are lulled to rest.  ___Halleck

Quote:  There is little peace or comfort in life if we are always anxious as to future events. --He that worries himself with the dread of possible contingencies will never be at rest.   ____Johnson

No comments: