Saturday, April 3, 2021

Got a lot of work done . . . Puppy's Pop was out playing . . .

Blue Jay




 While Puppy's Pop was out flying with the club in Zachary I got all my housework completed and best of all I managed to speak with our youngest daughter on Skype so she could help me to get rid of an unwanted notification that was driving us crazy on the computer. It would ding and pop up often and I was afraid to play with it.  With Youngest Kiddo's help it is gone forever! Yay for Skype.

 There are times that technology is indispensable. I hate to admit it though. I may go back to posting on FaceBook because I really do like keeping track of family and friends but I also find myself checking on UBI's (useless bits of information) which is time consuming. So I don't really know how I'm going to handle it. It's not a big deal except to me! Why? Because I am anal retentive about somethings, well, many things. I don't feel right going on a social media app or whatever you call it and not being social by liking everything I see by someone I know. It really doesn't make sense but I've never been good at that either.  I just kind of wander around, get sidetracked and then don't do the most important things I really like to do - like read, take photos and write in this crazy blog which really is more of a journal that I should be handwritten in some secret notebook. It rarely pertains to anything pertinent - just my mind going off on its own. Sometimes that isn't a safe place. But putting it in blog form keeps me from getting really ticked off about politics, people, places - yes, I can get really upset with places especially cities. (I have no idea why I just wrote that. I never know where I'm going to end up when I start writing.)

I love city life. I lived in NYC for three summers working to earn  money to help my parents pay for my degree from UCONN. Life is exciting in a city. There is so much to see; so much to do; so much to eat; so much to learn; so many people to watch; so many places to enjoy; so many people to meet. But I hate myself sometimes because now when I think of cities I can only find crime, poverty, ignorance, politics, hatred. I know there is beauty, goodness, kindness, love, yearning and learning but it seems to be in the background. So yes, cities frighten me. And I hate that. 

Time to sign off until I'm in a better frame of mind. Maybe I'll just go sit in the sun and enjoy looking at my world - no camera attached. Gee, maybe this writing stuff is therapeutic.

Quote:   Joy, temperance, and repose, slam the door on the doctor's nose.  ___Longfellow

Quote: Refuse to be ill. Never tell people you are ill; never own it to yourself. Illness is one of those things which a man should resist on principle at the onset.  __Bulwer  (By George, I so believe Bulwer is correct.)


No comments: