Thursday, April 1, 2021

Of an Egret having breakfast and getting the Dental Office to return some money . . .


 



The photos are in reverse order but I'm not going to try to get it right!



It was a rather grey morning yesterday so Puppy's Pop offered to go see how My Mississippi was doing. We weren't sure how close we would be able to get as it is above flood stage. It really isn't very high right now. I'm hoping that the dredging of Bayou Sara has helped to stop the flooding that engulfs the Oyster Bar and my favorite little house every spring. So far so good; but it is still very early. What we did see was this beautiful bird eating a snake in the parking lot near the boat launch. I couldn't get too close and as I did slowly walk toward Big Bird  I realized that he had a snake and it made me a bit cautious. I was trying to watch my step as I moved and took photos at the same time.  I'm not fond of snakes no matter their size. I know there are many different kinds of  snakes here in Louisiana so I really should study them. I don't even like photos of snakes. https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/entertainment_life/home_garden/article_7f61be72-6b18-11eb-80c1-6f913445ba14.html

 Naturally we stopped by the Birdman Cafe for my favorite mocha icy, made by Daniel my favorite barista, and a snack. On the way home Puppy's Pop took a detour to allow me to take  photos of wild flowers. It isn't easy to find a place along any road in Louisiana where you can find room to stop safely but we found one. The sun wasn't very bright but I managed to get a few good shots.  I think I'll use one of the pictures for my Easter Sunday post. 

Had to go to Zachary this early morning for some blood work. We ate at Waffle House here in Denham Springs when I returned.  My favorite Waffle House used to be in Zachary but it's no longer well run and it is dirty. Once again I'm happy  to go to the Waffle House close to home - we must wear our masks, of course, but they are allowed to have at least 75% capacity so we could at least find an empty booth, a great waitress and a super duper Bacon Chef - crispy to perfection. 

Later I had to call our Dental Insurance; our Dental Office made a billing mistake. I had called  their office and we were not able to determine what the problem was. I expected to get a call from them once they received their explanation of benefits but no call came so I was on the phone for an hour with our insurance representative. I had to wait while he called the dentist's office to find out what was going on. Puppy's Pop had been charged $181 for a visit that the insurance said should have been $81. After the rep came back on the line he asked, "How well do you like this dental office?" I told him it was the third one we've had since we moved here 5 years ago; we also had billing problems at the last dentist office. It seems the latest group didn't bill the insurance company for one procedure and instead automatically charged us $100 for it. We will be getting a few bucks back after all is said and done but the rep warned me to check all bills for any medical procedures. He has seen many charges on medical bills that should not have occurred. I trust his judgement; I've had to fight insurance companies and doctors'  billing departments often over mistakes in my medical bills. It's is tiring.

Quote:  Nothing is so good for an ignorant man as silence; and if he was sensible of this he would not be ignorant.____Saadi

No comments: