Thursday, May 13, 2021

A walk in the park . . . Flowers at home . . .

P&D's Pop was fishing just a few feet from this Libellule who was hanging out on the pier. (Since I talk to all the creatures I photograph it's okay to say 'who' isn't it?)

Red-eared Slider - The reason I wished to visit the park in Walker. We had a Mama Slider lay her eggs on our front lawn a few years ago and when it was time for them to hatch P&D's Pop had to help them get out of their nest as the mud had dried up. A nice young man and his Dad brought the pretty little ones to live in clean brook water in East Feliciana Parish.

Ducklings on the move watching me as I took their picture. I'll bet they were looking for food!

Definitely a Canada Goose gosling. I don't care for Canada Geese except when they are flying and honking overhead. They are messy when they land and visit.

P&D's Pop is following the rules! Yes, that is almost inconceivable.

Our Gardenias are in full bloom. MaTante Rose and MaTante Blanche loved them. I enjoyed visiting my Aunts when I was little. Their flowers perfumed the air. They would sometimes put little circles of white cardboard behind each flower to show off their beauty before they opened too much.


Magnolia

with a bee.  Notice the hefty pollen sac.



Crown of Thorns with its pretty flowers.

 The weather has been keeping us inside but yesterday we decided to go to Walker, about 5 miles from home. The sun made its appearance and I took too many photos but I wouldn't have it any other way. It keeps me out of mischief - kinda.

Quote:  A talkative fellow may be compared to an unbraced drum, which beats a wise man out of his wits. --Loquacity is ever running, and almost incurable.    ______Feltham

Quote:  Assertion is the logic of ignorance and prejudice; argument, the logic of wisodm and truth.   ___Tryon Edwards

No comments: