Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Visiting My Mississippi and the Birdman . . .

Construction equipment going South

Fishing near the entrance to Bayou Sara

Libellule

Not sure if the Sheriff was testing the motor. He stayed close to our area.

Fishing on My Old Man River

Mississippi overflow to the right.

& Music

PD&C Pop sitting at our usual spot.

There is  much to please the senses.

Birdman Cafe Books & Music

You can see that PD&C's Pop is waiting for me through the window on the left!

I never get tired of trips to the Mississippi. I will never  tire of crossing the bridges over the Mississippi.  We have many more to cross so we'd better get driving. 

There is something old, yet modern and sparkly, comforting and  delicious about The Birdman. That is because the owner and the people who work there are real, honest and friendly. Change doesn't seem to phase them a bit. They keep a quirky, homey place for the denizens of St. Francisville in West Feliciana Parish. They are welcoming to all and sundry. I will forever be grateful to A for introducing me to this excellent breakfast place. 

Quote:  Nothing is more reasonable and cheap than good manners.   ____Anon

Quote:  Accurate knowledge is the basis of correct opinions; the want of it makes the opinions of most people of little value.   ___C. Simmons


I forgot the video of what seems to be a unique fishing style.

No comments: