Saturday, May 8, 2021

My gosh . . . the photos have gotten out of hand . . .

The Odd Couple



Female House Finch


Male House Finch





 I can't believe that I've taken so many photos. I was playing with the camera a couple of days ago and this is what happened. I'm trying to learn how to use all the different settings and I'm driving myself crazy because there are so many of them. When a perfect photo opportunity comes along I'm generally in some crazy setting and I don't know how to get  out of it fast enough to get some shots I would really like. There are just too many  birds, flowers, trees, bushes, turtles (I saved one yesterday and put it in the drainage ditch out back) dogs, bugs, cats, children playing, young men painting their first vehicles, people walking, running, biking, gardening. It is a quiet neighborhood though but the darned camera keeps finding subjects to play with. I find it annoying at times. I like to sit outside on the back porch in particular and enjoy all living things without trying to capture anything on the camera but my brain, hands and feet get itchy and I have to go in the house, pick up the camera and return to the porch only to find absolutely nothing moving or interesting happening. I think I'll have to quit playing with the camera and be happy just swinging my life away. 

Had an excellent day yesterday. I enjoy my young friend as he allows me to read to him and then tells me all about what we have read. His comments are always interesting and apropos. We even get a chance to play catch. I've got to find some balls of different sizes and textures to see how long we can keep throwing the different size balls without dropping them. It's always fun to play with children. I am surprised by what comes into their beautiful, handsome heads  and  what topics they choose to discuss at any point in time. It's too bad that technology can ruin childhood. It's hard to say no to a child when we adults don't say no to ourselves. My young friend has an excellent imagination and doesn't seem to mind spending time with me. 

I was starving when I got home and Puppy's Pop and I went to Big Mike's for late lunch. Sitting at the bar with our favorite waitress taking care of us was exactly the right ending to the day. My days end around 4 pm. Then I go into 'do nothing mode' as I relax and let the evening come to me.  

Quote: If we have not peace within ourselves, it is in vain to seek it from outward sources. ____La Rochefocauld

Quote: 

Now the day is over,
Night is drawing nigh;
Shadows of the evening
Steal across the sky.  ____My mother used to sing this song for us so many years ago. The painting it places in your heart is peaceful and serene. We often went outside with her in the evening to watch Orion chasing the Pleiades across the sky. Sweet memories make you smile.

No comments: