Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Spending the day inside . . .

Northern Mockingbird taking a sip out of the new birdbath.

Eastern Bluebird keeping an eye on their new box.

Crazy Bluebird still trying to peek into the shop.

 



A muggy, heavy, sunless day so after my full walk - yes I can walk pretty well again - I decided to look at my ' things to do list' and found that the blinds in the master bedroom needed cleaning.  What a first class pain in the derriere. I decided to listen to My Fair Lady on the Sony Stereo Music System H-P 161 given to me  years ago by my forever best friend, Angie, who needed to make room in her home for  new furniture arrangements and thought that our Big Kiddo would like it. My inherited stereo is appreciated. I enjoy listening to our collection of 33rpm records and even the few 45's and 78's that we have accumulated. I've taught a few modern day kiddos how to work the record player. I feel it is my duty to see that the young ones learn how to set up the records on the spindle and slide the little lever that sets the player in motion. It still fascinates me. So . . . cleaning the blinds was no longer a chore but a pleasure and since Puppy's Pop was in his shop I had no fear of singing along with the songs which I know by heart. (I think we have every 33rpm Johnny Cash album that exists.) It is comforting to listen to our old music especially when I have work to do. I can breeze through the jobs without realizing how much I am accomplishing. Very nice indeed.

Quote:  Nothing if politically right which is morally wrong.   ____Daniel O'Connell

Quote: To be a chemist you must study chemistry; to be a lawyer or a physician you must study law or medicine; but to be a politician you need only to study your own interests.   ___Max O'Rell

No comments: