Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Good day in spite of the terrible rains . . .

Northern Cardinal
House Finch
Young Northern Cardinal
Blue Jay
Red-bellied Woodpecker  


It has been such a miserable day weather wise but I kept my date with my 5 year old student. It is so good for me to be able to work with a Kiddo once again. We have a good time working together but I'm sure he is always happy to see me leave. He wanted to have a stuffed animal on his desk as we worked today but I told him I would put his little puppy behind his chair where the little animal wouldn't distract him. That was fine. When he left our classroom, I call it our classroom, it's his grandmother's office, I told him he could take his puppy friend with him. But I teased him telling him that maybe the stuffed puppy should stay for class. Little Kiddo said, "He doesn't like school. I'll take him out now." He it quite a fine character. We played cards for money today and he beat me. My Little Kiddo behaves well for me but we have to work hard and both of us need all the patience we can muster.We played our very own game of cards today and he won $.37. He plays seriously and explained that he likes money. 

I returned home for a late lunch before sitting on the back porch to watch the rains pouring down and the birds out getting their fill of sunflower seeds. The photos aren't too great but I was in need of color to brighten the day. I just noticed that the sun has come out so I shall see if I can capture a sunset! Yay!

Le coucher de soleil - Bonsoir, les amis.

Quote:  More joyful eyes look at the setting, than at the rising sun. --Burdens are laid down by the poor, whom the sun consoles more than the rich. --I yearn towards him when he sets, not when he rises.  ____Richter

Quote:  Sunsets in themselves are generally superior to sunrises; and with the sunset we appreciate images drawn from departed peace, and faded glory.   ____Hillard


No comments: