Saturday, May 22, 2021

Most excellent day . . . the sun is out . . .

Brown Thrashers

Eastern Bluebird

Red-bellied Woodpecker and friends

The Red-bellied is wrapped around the feeder!


 


 Unbelievably I was up and out walking at 6:15 this morning. W. was already walking and was shocked to see me out so early. I think it's the earliest I've walked in over 5 years in the neighborhood. I've cut out one pill and I'm not quite used to being without it yet so I was up very early. I definitely feel much peppier but I must admit I'm tired in the evening - a good tired. 

These photos are from a few days ago. The two with our delightful Red-bellied Woodpecker were taken  in our back yard. The others are from South Park. The Little Blue Heron was running around like a crazy bird. It was cloudy and difficult to get any good shots. I think the video shows what a pain in the derriere it was  following Little Blue's wandering ways. I am clearly not smooth and National Geographic worthy! Nature specials are quite magnificent. It must take years to put together a presentation for television. My complaint is usually that the the narrator speaks of the creatures as if they were human animals and gives them human traits rather than explaining the creature's instinct is working.  I can put the sound down and enjoy the beauty of this marvelous planet Earth and its non-human inhabitants. I swear at times some narrators sound like left wing university teachers! But that is for another day or most likely never. The blog is for fun - my fun - not thinking too much. Getting worked into a hissy fit over a television program is ridiculous.

Quote:  Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen.  Keep in the sunlight. ___Franklin

Quote: The world is governed more by appearances than by realities, so that it is fully as necessary to seem to know something as to know it.   ____Daniel Webster

No comments: