Wednesday, May 19, 2021

We had a good day at South Park . . .

Red-headed Woodpecker





 I had amazingly good luck with the crazy clouds vs sun today. And even more amazing I was able to capture this beautiful bird pretty well. I am rarely that fortunate. We did hear bad news though. My friend C's parents's home flooded yesterday in Baton Rouge. That is really shocking. There isn't much we can do to help but I did contact C to let her know our concern for them and to offer some assistance in the best way we can. I never thought the rains we are having almost daily would become a nightmare for many people. I should know better than that by now. The Wood Ducks were back in our neighbor's backyard. That is the only plus from all the wet weather. 

Time to make some supper. Hell's Bells. Not my favorite job - as a matter of fact I don't think I have any favorite jobs. I wish to choose my jobs but life doesn't work that way. Time has a way of insisting you do your chores well and responsibly. That can be a pain in the derrière but being a Goody Two-Shoes I will do what must be done. Perhaps we should go out to eat tomorrow! That way P&D's Pop can be a Goody Two-Shoes! Now, that's a 'bonne idee.'

Quote:  What a chimera is man! what a confused chaos! what a subject of contradiction! a professed judge of all things, and yet a feeble worm of the earth! the great depository and guardian of truth, and yet a mere huddle of uncertainty! the glory and the scandal of the universe! ______Pascal     

Quote:  The literature of an age is but the mirror of its prevalent tendencies._____Nation

No comments: