Sunday, May 16, 2021

Having a good time at home and at South Park . . .

Granddaughter's fanciest cake yet - delicious too!

Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Red-winged Blackbird calling for black oil sun flower seeds.

The always beautiful Eastern Bluebird.

Female Northern Cardinal on the new birdbath I don't like.



 It's been a busy week but still had time for the birds and most important of all seeing our granddaughter's beautiful birthday creation. This Pineapple Flavored Birthday Cake is only the beginning of her talents. She is in a constant quest to find new cakes, flavors, decorations, and shapes. I feel certain B will bake and design unique  cakes and flavors. She's only just begun and it is exciting to see, taste and enjoy what emerges from her kitchen. Her business is starting to grow. It must be rewarding but difficult to juggle her passion for baking with the care of her two young boys and a job! I'm so glad that her Mom and Dad can help her out.

I have included a video from this Sunday morning at South Park when two Northern Mockingbirds were interrupted in their courtship dance by the neighbor's chickens. I should take the time to really work on my camera skills which are severely lacking but I do not wish to spend my time studying my camera or the books and videos that go along with it. It annoys me no end. I feel like I did when I had finally received my MA from UCONN with a Major in French and a Minor in Latin. I did not want to read another book in my life. I was exhausted, wiped out. It took me a long time to appreciate how wonderful it was to pick the books I wanted to read for pleasure and not study. My gosh, that's over 56 years ago and I still don't like to buckle down to anything that taxes my brain! I must work too hard to let new ideas sink into this thick skull. I shall continue to meander through life and enjoy each moment as it presents itself. I will not shirk responsibilities but I will definitely attempt to enjoy day to day living without taxing my brain too much. Swinging my life away on the back porch is my ideal pastime. I even get upset with creatures of all sizes, shapes and colors who sometimes seem to demand that I do something for them. I just want them to exist for moi! I fear I am demanding, at times, in these quirky late 70's. Que sera sera. 

Quote:  You ask if we shall know our friends in heaven. --Do you suppose we are greater fools there than here? ____Emmons

Quote:  That same face of yours looks like the title-page to a whole volume of roguery.  ___Cibber

 

 



No comments: