Sunday, May 30, 2021

Missed the best photos but still managed to get a few . . .

Red-winged Blackbird

Beautiful Eastern Bluebird but the sun was too bright. Still I like the shot.

Blue Jay





Fledgling Female Cardinal  

 This has been one of the most beautiful days ever - dry, breezy, sunny, a few puffy clouds. I walked in the afternoon because I went to Mass this morning. I didn't even get too hot and miserable! It is so amazing and almost strange here in Louisiana when we don't have muggy weather. You could just stay outside all day.

 I must have picked about 40 little tomatoes today. They are surprisingly delicious. We can never seem to find a slicing tomato that comes even close to the taste of the tomatoes my Pépère grew in our garden on Highland St. Extension. The little patio tomatoes are the closest we've come to getting some real flavorful, tasty fruit. My Marketmore Cucumbers are inching along beautifully. That is what we grew in Moosup.  I hope they will be sweet and crunchy. If I can pick them when they're little we'll be happy campers! The vines are going crazy-wild climbing up the fence. PD&C's Pop stapled some twine on the fence. It looks as if our neighbor shall get to pick cucumbers too at the rate the vines are climbing the twine!

I'm still not used to not going to the cemeteries on Memorial Day. We've now missed 6 years of not putting flowers on the family graves. My cousins do place beautiful pots of flowers they arrange themselves for my parents, little sister and my mother's parents and my great-grandparents but I miss my visits to the cemeteries. I used to bring the kids for walks in the cemetery that was not too far from our home. I've always found cemeteries to be peaceful, grace-filled places to listen to quiet nature as she comforts us who have been left behind. For some reason I feel I should be praying Vespers. 

Quote:  The human race is in the best condition when it has the greatest degree of liberty.  ___Dante

Quote:  The true danger is, when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.  ____Burke


No comments: