Monday, February 15, 2010

The eyes have it . . .



This will sound strange but I'm so tired because my eyes are really bothering me. I went to the eye Doctor's this morning for a six month check up as they've been giving me fits on and off. They put double drops in to dilate them and they aren't back to normal yet and it's after 3 in the afternoon. Most annoying! Wearing sunglasses even in the house because the glare from the windows hurts my eyes. How crazy is that! At least I don't have to go back for a year and he said my eyes were fine. He could have tweaked my glasses a bit but it wasn't worth it. Slight beginning of cataracts but that's it.

Best part of the day was that our local nephew came for a visit with his two young ones. We had a lot of fun playing around. The little girl and I played Froggie Boogie and Whack a Mole while her brother was looking over Grampa's planes and running the train. I don't get to see the kids very often since I'm going to Groton 3 days a week. They had President's Day off from school and nephew took the day off to be with them while their Mom was at school.

Beauty And The Beast was a lot of fun for middle child and grandson but I was somewhat disappointed because it was not as good as the original version I had seen a few years back. They modernized the sets and costumes too much for my taste. I'm just too old-fashioned.

That's about it for today. My eyes really are making me grouchy!

Quote: Over the door of a library in Thebes is the inscription, "Medicine for the soul." _Diodorus Siculus

No comments: