Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A kid after my own heart . . .

This glacier is over a mile long so it'll take at least a couple of photos to see it. It is magnificent!

I can't believe it! I gave grandson, who's on vacation this week, a choice of: lunch and the Mystic Aquarium; lunch and the Nautilus or lunch and the book store. His choice: ta . . .da . . . . the book store! What a lot of fun we had picking out a book, a game and a puzzle! Then, of course, chicken at KFC. The kid drives me wild. When I asked him to help me clean the snowy, wet, semi-frozen driveway at his house before we went on our excursion he said, " I'll watch you, Memere!" I almost had a heart attack right then and there. So, I gave orders that he was to dress himself and get outside ASAP and help me. He did it and was so good at the job that we cleaned the driveway and sidewalk in no time. What a character. Can't help it. I love that little guy! He even beat me fair and square at the Ben 10 game! And when I beat him at the second game he didn't even fuss. He's getting to be such an interesting person.

Grampa had a good dinner ready for me when I got home at about 5:30pm. Grandson had called him to let him know that I was on my way home. It doesn't get much better than this. No doubt about it . . . fantabulous day!

Quote: They that deny a God, destroy man's nobility; for clearly man is of kin to the beasts by his body, and if he be not of kin to God by his spirit, he is a base and ignoble creature. __Bacon