Sunday, February 28, 2010

Not too bad . . .

Only shot of Seward as we embarked on the McKinley Explorer, part if the Alaskan Railroad, as soon as we landed!

After breakfast and Mass we went to the Dog Track. I was surprised because although it was only about 38 degrees I was able to walk my full two plus miles. A hazy sun peeped out. It was so cold walking west and north into the wind that I needed my hat and mittens but when I turned east and south I had to remove them and unzip my jacket! Then we came home and I watched UCONN men let Louisville beat them in the last second. Oh, how I'm crying. I can't stand it. They never have enough of a cushion. They were ahead by 13 points in the first half but were terrible at the beginning of the second half. They're just like the UCONN of old. I'm never comfortable unless they have at least a 30 point advantage and that, of course, never happens! Maybe the NIT?

Cooking up corned beef and cabbage for supper. Good hot stuff on another spitting cold day.

Quote: Tranquil pleasures last the longest; we are not fitted to bear long the burden of great joys. __Bovee

No comments: