Saturday, February 27, 2010

Walking . . .


Puppy's Pop had to clear about 3 inches of snow off of the driveway before he left at 6:15am for East Hartford and the horseshoe tournament. He came in third and was home about noon. Our road was the worst of the roads he had to travel. Kiddo was up late, 8:30am, and we stayed in and watched the huge flakes fall until about 10. By then the roads were already melting and so when we left for Groton at 10:45 there was no snow on the roads. Even so someone managed to have and accident of the far end of Starkweather and I had to turn around and come back to Route 12 so we were about 10 minutes late.

Watched the UCONN women beat Georgetown this early afternoon and then went walking at the Dog Track while Grampa flew his latest little plane. It turned cold as heck while we were there and my hands never did warm up. I generally get all toasty by the time I hit a mile. Not today! The sun never made it through the clouds but all of the snow has melted except of course for our hill!

Another gray day. I did some vacuuming, dishes and etc. Time to read and perhaps start another puzzle. I have a hooked rug I should finish but I'm not even close to being in the mood so a puzzle it may have to be. It drives Puppy's Pop a bit crazy because I take up a lot of the kitchen table! I just put away the bird puzzle today after I let grandson complete the cardinal and blue jay.

Quote: Cunning is the dwarf of wisdom.__W.R. Alger

I certainly do not feel cunning or wise today. Bleak, that's the word.

No comments: