Monday, March 1, 2010

To the hobby shop . . .

Leaving Seward and Resurrection Bay in the McKinley Explorer. Not only does the Alaska Railroad haul freight and passengers between Seward, Portage, Anchorage, Denali and Fairbanks, it also makes flag stops for residents who live in the bush north of Talkeetna. We weren't able to get a photo of the beautiful Dall sheep we saw just as we started out on the train.

Worked some more on those damnable taxes. How I hate taxes. It's a good thing that I have some help or I'm sure I would be even more prone to mistakes! After breakfast we left for the hobby shop in Sturbridge, MA. Puppy's Pop found quite a few things that he needed and couldn't find anywhere else and naturally I found a smallish book of Foam Gliders by Chicken Socks for kiddo. He likes to fly the balsa planes but these can be popped out and put together and decorated with the stickers that are included. There are 5 different models with some neat, brightly colored nose caps called Zoomers that help the planes to fly well. The book is by KLUTZ. I've always liked the KLUTZ books so I'm hoping that Chicken Socks will also be good.

Stopped for lunch at Sweet Evalina's, baked fish for Grampa and a Pepper Jack wrap for me. Good food. Only one snafu while we were there. I went to the ladies room and knocked on the door before entering. A man answered my knock and told me I'd have to wait as he couldn't. I was flabbergasted. I ended up using the neutral bathroom for the disabled. Yuck!

Stopped for wine at Friendly Spirits in Danielson and a Bakugan at Benny's. Grandson has a new Bakugan just about every week and the numbers on his new ones always beat my old ones. Well my new one is really neat (I think they're pretty but kiddo hates that word) but its G power is only 660. Got taken again! He's high scorer is at least 760.

Time to walk indoors. Gray and windy today.

Quote: Eloquence is vehement simplicity. __Cecil

The president isn't eloquent. He is simple. __Moi

No comments: