Saturday, March 13, 2010

March . . .

Talkeetna, population about 900, is the point from which most Mt. McKinley climbing and flight seeing expeditions depart. There is still an active gold mining area.

Gee something different! It's raining hard. It's cold. It's windy. It's March. Ah, now I've got it figured out. No choice. And that's the way it is here in Moosup!

At least we had a very good lunch at Richoni's. Daughter made us some terrific fish and chips so now I won't have to make supper. That's more than cool. We'll just eat some leftovers with wine and I'll save the roast chicken for tomorrow. Oh, yes, I have Tagalongs (Girl Scout cookies) for desert. Life is easy.

Managed to snag a neat ball with a bell in it for Puppy's Pop's favorite puppy! I was walking the other day at the Dog Track and there it was, bright orange and hardly a tooth mark. So when we get to visit next month we'll pack it. Also heard from daughter in England so we're going to be getting ready for a visit fairly soon. She managed to get a week off. I'm really excited to be able to visit them again. It's been over a year. I hope we'll be able to walk to "their pub." That should be interesting. Perhaps we'll be able to take a ride on a steam locomotive too and see Hadrian's Wall. Yep, I'm psyched.

Quote: There is no such thing as modern art. There is art - and there is advertising. __Albert Sterner

No comments: