Saturday, March 20, 2010

Playing . . .

Supposed to be a beaver dam.

Yesterday didn't go as planned but still it was a fine day. Kiddo was still a bit sick so I stayed in Groton until 9pm and we just played around home. His club house is now a submarine and we spent a lot of time following the whale pods; also had to clean the icy cold water out of the sand pile (monster plastic bin) and that was good sloppy fun; played Transformers, the card game, for at least 2 hours and I finally won a game! walked to Richoni's to bring the cleaned bar cloths and aprons; picked pussy willows when we walked back home through the wooded path. The older lady who babysits when I'm not around came and I was off to a good night's sleep. Daughter wasn't feeling too well by mid-afternoon. I hope she'll be fine for tomorrow's trip to PPAC.

Had a pleasant surprise to top off my day. The company that sent us a short sleeved denim shirt instead of the long called and emailed that we were to keep the shirt and the new long sleeved one would be here Tuesday. That's very good business. I should leave a comment on their web site.

Grampa did a lot of work in the yard yesterday while I was gone and this morning he showed me a wound on his right leg. I thought he had gotten bumped by a run away wagon. Nope, damn tick! Gads, I hate ticks almost as much as I despise the dope at the White House. Nasty things.

Well, time to be off to breakfast and then perhaps some yard work and just swinging outside in the beautiful sunshine.

Quote: It is time to fear when tyrants seem to kiss. __Shakespeare

No comments: