Monday, March 15, 2010

Odds and ends . . .

Looks like Moosup!

The Moosup River has receded a bit; only half of the road by Kaman is still under water but the rains and winds continue to pummel Connecticut. Was excited to get a call from Air Force Granddaughter! We are expecting to see her tomorrow. She's visiting friends in Torrington. Hope we'll be able to take her out to lunch at Richoni's but we'll have to wait and see how the day plays out. I'll go shopping today so I'll be free for tomorrow. Got two more bottles of Moosup Maple Syrup from cousin Kate. One will go to the middle child in Groton and the other will be "my nightly medicine" until I run out again! I could drink that elixir up in one day but I'll make it last. When I was little Pa used to go to Maine hunting and he'd bring back maple sugar candy. It was one maple shaped leaf about 3 inches across. I'd take mine to my room and nibble on it each and every night before I went to bed. I went so far as to hide it on the shelf in my closet. I forgot that I was such a pain. Pepere Bonnin used to call me "haissable" which means "hateful." What a bad reputation.

Quote: Silence, when nothing need be said, is the eloquence of discretion. __Bovee

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Funny. I too remember the maple candy. I haven't seen any of that since the orchard closed, I think.