Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And my wish has been fulfilled . . .


Just as dusk was settling in last evening there was a mild knock on the kitchen door. And there to my great delight was the little neighbor girl holding a beautiful bottle of Maple Syrup from her Memere. Oh how superior is that? She was shy and I probably didn't help matters any by thanking her profusely for the gift. I made Ma and Pepere Bonnin's french toast for Grampa and myself for breakfast this morning just so we could relish that syrup. Of course, last night, I was nipping at the bottle and smelling it because it is so good. Unable to describe how delicious it is. It's just like Ma Tante Blanche's and I swear that nothing you buy can touch the flavor of this syrup. Truly scrumptious!

The sun is out, the sky is deep blue with some puffy white clouds. Hope we'll be able to get to the Dog Track if it's not too windy. It feels so good to be outside. Started listening to the Voyager by Diana Gabaldon as performed by Davina Porter. 36 CD's. Now you know why I love it! This is the third book in her series the Outlander. I believe that there are about 4 more to go. That should keep me walking for years when the weather isn't cooperative. I amaze myself because even if I put the indoor walking off for months I can remember the novels I'd set aside when I was able to walk at the Track. Pretty neat.

Time to be off to Big Y and a little bit of shopping.

Quote: Give what you have. To some one it may be better than you dare to think. __Longfellow

No comments: