Sunday, March 21, 2010

Of butterfly shadows and bouncing Ions . . .


Grampa has moved his flying circle and I now have a longer radian to walk. Man, he's driving me. I'll soon be up to 3 miles a walk! I think he's trying to tell me I need to exercise more :) While walking with my new bouncy Sketchers I saw a butterfly shadow flying along side. I swear I've never seen that before. Of course butterflies have shadows I've just never contemplated how neat it is to walk with a butterfly shadow. So, while walking yesterday I could hear the chirping of a girl trying to drive a standard Saturn Ion back and forth across the parking lot. It was funny to see the car bouncing around, especially on take offs. Her Mom finally got out of the car so her daughter could practice on her own. It took her at least an hour but she finally smoothed out.

After raking the lawn near the road and under the wall where all of the sand and debris has collected during the winter I took time out to sit on my garage swing and watch the blue birds courting in the bare dogwood tree. The male is so smart! He keeps hopping down to get bugs to bring back and feed the female. He's so blue right now. All of the birds are getting their Spring tuneups.

Later in the day R & S stopped in with one of their Corvettes, a golden flake 427 Stingray. Sounds really cool but they had the top up :( Not sure what year it is but it's certainly better looking than the newer ones. One of my friends from All Hallows is pretty excited. She's quite an artist; paints animal portraits and her Collie will grace the cover of a new book coming out in April. So many talented friends! She's a wonderful lady who has adopted her special needs grand daughter who is about 8 years old now. We don't need to know the whys only that the child is so loved and cared for. She'll be fine.

A motorcyclist almost bit the dust this morning. As we were going over the Moosup River bridge past Riverview he was riding on the shoulder and then, without looking even a little bit did a U turn right in front of the Dodge Ram. He looked shocked as we didn't hit him! What a dope. Then a white van pulled out onto Route 14 at the old dog pound without stopping and Grampa had to brake pretty hard. Of course he sped up, really, really sped up and I told Grampa I've got a funny feeling that even though I don't recognize the van it's going to go to Lizzy B's because the guy drives just like W. who is almost a complete, morose, loud, dirty (in his personal habits) moron. Sure enough I was right. We had to laugh. He came over and kinda apologized for being an ass hole (his words.) It was too funny.

Quote: Mankind in the gross is a gaping monster, that loves to be deceived, and has seldom been disappointed. __Mackenzie

3 comments:

2Evil4U said...

Need to borrow my camera?

Qu'que chose said...

I don't think I could catch something so effervescent, ephemeral and touching with a camera.

Qu'que chose said...

I was talking about the butterfly! Oh, my goodness. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. This is really very funny.