Thursday, March 4, 2010

Give us this day our daily bread . . .


I've been wondering why the sea gulls have been hanging around the Dog Track, scads of them just sitting around or if I'm walking by taking wing only a few feet above the ground until I walk pass and then alighting again in a pretty tight pack. No more wonderment! There was nary a seagull to be seen a couple of days ago. Then, hark, a small dark blue SUV was seen crossing the top portion of the parking lot and the seagulls materialized. As the man drove through he was throwing bread crusts in great quantities out of his window and the birds were at lunch before he could even drive on out of the lot. I'm guessing that one of the restaurants in the area is feeding the hungry. Good deal for the birds.

Had a very good day subbing in 8th grade math and 6th grade science yesterday. The kids were excellent. The 8th graders knew what they were doing. That's a good thing. Math is not my forte! The 6th graders had to read to each other, summarize and write answers to questions about drinking water. I was impressed. They did exactly as they were supposed to do. No one, not even one kid, was off track. I only had to answer a few questions about pronunciation and flow charts.

Off to lunch duty today, a bit more of a challenge with those little ones!

Quote: A good laugh is sunshine in a house. __Thackeray

No comments: