Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Life is precious . . .

Fishermen along Ship Creek, a section of Knik Arm, trying to land king salmon.

Had a hard time with an email I received this morning. Matthew B. 36 year old nephew of my best friend, Angie, died of a heart attack in Haiti. He was a Captain in the army and an ER nurse in the state of Washington. He leaves his wife and 2 young ones. He looked so much like his Dad and was loving and caring just like Emile who took care of our son when he was little and also helped me out when I tore all the ligaments in my left leg playing basketball against AHS 7th graders some years ago. Wow, life is short and must be lived to the fullest each and every day. It is some consolation that Matt is with his wonderful Pepere and Memere, his Dad, his Aunt Angie and Uncle Charlie but he's left a heart wrenching hole in the lives of his family and friends.

Grampa is off to play horseshoes this morning and I'm going to finally tackle some house cleaning . . . maybe. UCONN women beat Notre Dame last night; had some trouble but did the job. They'll play in the Big East final at 7 tonight. The men are playing at 2 this afternoon but I have my doubts if they can do anything. They've been playing so badly. It's really inexcusable. Oh well. I'll still be rooting for them. I love miracles!

Quote: Life is rather a state of embryo, a preparation for life; a man is not completely born till he has passed through death. __Franklin

No comments: