Monday, March 29, 2010

Rainy day trip . . .

View from the McKinley Chalets.

Took a very wet drive to Bolton to get my Easter candies from Munson's. They have such good chocolate. Had trouble picking out what a needed and what I wanted! Settled for what I needed! We stopped for a muffin and coffee at the Hop River Cafe in the little strip mall on Route 6 in Andover. It's changed hands quite a few times since youngest child was at UCONN and used to bring home the best muffins ever. They're still good! That's a pleasant surprise. Hard to believe that they can make a living in that spot. From there we ended up at Friendly Spirits in Danielson to get the Easter wines; a sturdy Cabernet-Sauvignon for the Prime Rib and a nice Riesling for desert. I'll pick up the rest of the "stuff" Wednesday after a stop at Zip's. I like to go to the Sunshine Shop on Maple street for my flowers. Yep, I'm getting in the Easter mood.

Speaking of Easter mood the singing at the Palm Sunday Mass yesterday was superb. I love to listen to the 10:30 Choir. They work so hard to prepare the beautiful music for the Children's Mass. It's a calm and peaceful hour each week. I do look forward to the serenity. Met one of the 17 cousins after church. She raises Palominos, sheep, rabbits etc and she dropped by after church with her 10 years old daughter to finally pick up the two sets of really nice riding boots and never worn fancy type rodeo shirt that youngest child had to leave here. They'll fit her perfectly! I'm sure they are greatly appreciated.

Puppy's Pop is spending this rainy afternoon watching the postponed Martinsville race. I'll just get caught up on my reading. I'm always behind!

Quote: Echo -- The babbling gossip of the air. __Shakespeare

No comments: