Friday, March 19, 2010

Drum roll please . . .


Ta . . . da . . . Here is a shot of my newest, newest wheels. Grampa outdid himself yesterday. While I was out doing my "duty" he went out and bought me this super wagon! I absolutely love it! It is so easy to manoeuvre. I'm sure Kiddo and I will have some fun today picking up sticks and raking up spruce and tamarack cones. Can't wait to get back from Groton so we can start our clean up.

Other new things didn't work out so well. Grampa has a shortage of denim shirts; most are hanging in the garage to be used as rags even though he's still wearing them to go out for coffee :( I ordered two new ones, one for him, one for me and of course his came in with short sleeves :( How unfair. But I called and spoke with a very nice man who said a replacement will be on the way today. It was really nice to speak with someone who was pleasant, amiable, likable, so different from the folks I've been getting on the phone when I call and tell them that their Senator/Congressman is an idiot! What fun!

Kiddo was really sick for about 24 hours, chills, fever not keeping anything down but by the time I left yesterday he was starting to pick up steam. We finally went out side and just dribbled the basketball around a bit and then ended up playing on the swing set and sitting in his fort drinking ginger ale. He should be all set for today but I'm sure he won't go to school because he's so drained and peaked. His Mom and Dad had a terrific crowd at Richoni's for St. Paddy's Day. And at Sacred Heart Rascal Dooley really made a shambles of Kiddo's classroom committing all sorts of mischief but finally leaving a pot of gold for the students who had had to clean up the messes: sparkly shamrocks all over the floor that he had walked through and left footprints all over the place; dumped toys, balls on the tables and desks, and worst of all Rascal got into the kitchen and turned the pudding and milk green. What a disaster! You had to hear the little guy describe the mess to appreciate how wonderful childhood can be.

Quote: All who have meditated on the art of governing mankind have been convinced that the fate of empires depends on the education of youth. __Aristotle

1 comment:

2Evil4U said...

Looks good. You need to paint it red. Wagons should be red.