Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Decision and popcorn jelly beans . . .


"About the best thing I can suggest is don't let the weaknesses of the people in the church drive you from your faith. There is always an available direct line to Him." So, taking our son's advice I've ripped up my letter to the Bishop. Felt better as I did so!

Had a wonderful day with my younger sister. We went out to lunch and almost ate a whole medium pizza! Took a ride around Granby. It's a very beautiful part of the state. I was impressed by the enormous farms. It felt good to be with R. We always have so much to talk about. We laugh and cry just like old times!

Finished reading Smoke by Ivan Turgenev. I've been digging out Ma's old classics and wondering why I've never read them before. They are so well written, even in translation. At present I'm reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. It's like reading a painting. I wish I had kept more of Ma's books. When I read, "Niggardly stick-in-the-mud," in Smoke I smiled because we were often called "old stick-in-the-mud" when we were kids. Too cool.

On the way back from East Granby I stopped at Munson's to buy some dark chocolates: 4 chocolate covered ginger; 2 raspberry creams; 3 pecan turtles and jelly beans. Only had one problem; I had to buy mixed jelly beans because I couldn't get just the popcorn jelly beans. Bummer. Since I had to watch the road driving on Route 6 I had to eat them one at a time, not looking at the colors and those popcorn beans were few and far between. I'll see if I can order a bag of popcorn jellies on line. Oh, they are so good.

Time to get the supper warmed up.

Quote: Tears are the safety-valves of the heart when too much pressure is laid on it. __Albert Smith

No comments: