Thursday, April 15, 2010

In Kiddo World . . .

What's left of an old dog house, if I remember correctly.

Middle child was so happy to see me yesterday. She said, " Take him, take him now and be gone!" Had to laugh. Still so much fun. We went to Toys R'us to get a new Bakugan for me because, naturellement je ne suis qu'une memere, and I don't know how to pick them out! While there I also bought Kiddo a set of golf clubs, all metal not plastic and sized just right and of course we needed new balls to play street hockey when we're in Moosup. Then spent a good part of the day at the beautiful Groton playground where there were so many kids, parents, grandparents and nannies that we had to park on the grass! He had a ball just playing around with other kids but not interacting too much. He's not bold or pushy but surprisingly nice with others. I say surprisingly because many kids just push past others or shove kids aside. He's not that way one single bit. When we got home we unpacked the new clubs and headed for the big field behind the old school near his house. He now knows the names of his clubs and when to use them. I'm only the caddy! He starts out with his driver using a tee, naturally, then switches to his 5 iron before he's close enough to the pin when he switches to the 9 iron and finally his putter. He pretends that whatever he is finally close to is the cup! Keeps me in stitches. For supper he wasn't hungry but I was so I told him I was going to get something from Pizza Today which is right near his school. He explained that the best pizza comes from Pizza Palace. When I asked if he'd eat Pizza Palace pizza he said, "It's the best memere. I'll eat it." What to do? I ordered it; we picked it up and the little stinker ate at least 4 slices during the evening. Big brother and I had some too so that by 8:30 there was nothing left of the large plain pizza. He's right; it is excellent pizza!

OK That's it for now. I have to be off to see what Kiddo World holds for us today.

Quote: Sweet, silent rhetoric of persuading eyes. __Davenant

No comments: