Thursday, April 1, 2010

Enfin . . . le soleil!

The garage jonquils survived the flood of 2010.

To get a look at Kaman's parking lots check out Perry's Toys. Just click on it on my front page. It's astounding. I've never seen the Moosup River this high. About 120 years ago, if my history is right, there were photos of people in a canoe rowing by the Moosup Journal building on Prospect Street. That's even before my parents' time! Our best waitress at Lizzy B's lives on Deerfield Shores in Oneco. The bridge from her home out to Route 14 is still under water today. She has to get to work by driving through the woods on an old quasi roadway which was put in as a fire break in the 1950's. No one knows when the bridge will be repaired because it was put up by the neighborhood! The town road that goes as far as the bridge has been washed out. Thank goodness the sun is out. Wow, that feels so good.

Have spent the last two days in Groton having some good times. I'm as sore as heck because Kiddo thought that we should play Wii Active yesterday and he gave me his Mom's regimen. He absolutely killed me so, being the nice guy that he is, he imputed my statistics and finally got me something I could kinda do! What fun! Today after spending an hour on the playground with a bunch of friends we played Wii tennis and baseball. I'm starting to get the knack of it. Just a bit. He laughs at my shenanigans! I never win anything!

I'll go pick him up tomorrow after I make one more doctor's visit. These check ups can get to be time consuming but I'm not going to complain. Life and the doctors have been good to me.

Quote: The flowers are nature's jewels, with whose wealth she decks her summer beauty. __Croly

No comments: