Saturday, April 17, 2010

Once before in Paris . . .

This one will still be used when the rangers stay at the cabin.

Weather was not very good yesterday or today but we did manage to spend most of Friday out of doors. Kiddo insisted that Grampa and I go for a walk to the cemetery on Grove Street. And so off we went. Kiddo walked on the lower wall as we strolled along and all was well with the world. Then the unthinkable . . . a bird crapped on me! Right down the arm of my just washed old LLBean barn jacket. (Perhaps that's why it's called a barn jacket? Birds nest in barns and then crap on barn jackets? Gee, I just bought a brand new one! Poops. {Pun intended}) The last, and I had hoped only, time that a bird shat on me was as I sat on a bench in front of La Cathedrale de Nore Dame de Paris. I was told it meant good luck. It was a mess then and it was a mess yesterday. Disgusting birds. I hope a third time isn't "a charm!" Oh what I don't do for that kid. He and Grampa thought nothing of it. I alone had to suffer the indignity. On top of that they decided we had to walk all the way up to the top of the hill, come down and then do it all over again. Gee, that was fun! Grampa also caddied for the golf game, got beat at street hockey, 20 -19, and we also managed to get to the playground at the Little League Field before the rains sent us in doors painting, making puzzles and playing card games. I'm still pooped today!

I'll go to Groton tomorrow because I gave middle child the tickets to see Chazz Palminteri in A Bronx Tale. She and hubby will go and I'll be with the kids. I think we'll spend our day reading and playing the Wii. I do hope the play is good. I don't think that son-in-law has been to the theatre before and this is a one man show, not too easy to see as a first timer! Keeping my fingers crossed. The Providence Journal gave it a very good write up.

Quote: Friendship is the shadow of the evening, which strengthens with the setting sun of life. __La Fontaine

No comments: