Sunday, April 18, 2010

Success . . . and . . . great sadness

Fire weed.

This has been a most incredible day. Middle child's husband absolutely thoroughly enjoyed Chazz Palminteri in A Bronx Tale. I was so happy that they had a great time. It was the first time that son-in-law has ever been to the theatre and so this was a great experience for him. He was so enthusiastic when they got back to Groton. I was tickled pink.

But . . . I've just received an email from a good friend in Costa Rica. Carol Rose, Grampa's cousin James' wife died yesterday in South Carolina. I'm completely blown away by this. Carol and I taught at KHS together for many, many years; their daughter, a former French student, works at one of the Doctor's offices I go to in Norwich and James is one of my Facebook buddies. They can't be more than 2 years older that Grampa and I. The last I knew Carol and James were going to be in a dragon boat race near Murrells Inlet, SC. Something must have gone terribly wrong.

So, this is a "Phew day."

Quote: Cueillz des aujourd'hui les roses de la vie. __Pierre de Ronsard

No comments: