Saturday, April 10, 2010

Too much . . .

"This backcountry cabin, and others like it, have been used for decades by rangers conducting winter park patrols. In summer, it serves as a living history site - a place where visitors can travel back in time and hear the words of early park advocates, staff, and settlers. The cabin also sits near the park's 'designated wilderness' boundary. Beyond that boundary, land is managed to remain wild and intact." We're still on our way to Primrose Ridge and a view of Denali.

Phew, I'm still pooped even though I didn't get up until 8 this morning! Kiddo's school called Wednesday and asked me to be a paraprofessional for their Kindergarten class because the regular para was leaving two days early for Spring Vacation and Kiddo's teacher legally needs to have another person to help her out with the 26, yep 26, five year olds. Great fun but very busy. Kiddo kept telling me I was doing a good job so I guess I really did OK. I know that his teacher was bragging about me all over the school! Made me feel pretty good. I'm so impressed by how much work gets done in a Kindergarten class. Kiddo is doing a good job in Math and Reading along with the rest of the kids. They are terrific and their teacher is an ace. She's been in Kindergarten at Sacred Heart for 16 years and loves those kids to pieces. You can feel it and see it in the classroom. I enjoyed being with them for two days but I slept like a baby for the last two nights. All the bending over to work with the children hasn't helped the sciatica but "Que sera sera!" Hopefully Grampa and I will be sciatica free in a couple of weeks. He's also been having problems with the leg and butt pains. What a pair we make! He's probably going to see his Doctor at the VA soon.

Got some horrible news yesterday. Our dentist, a wounded Vietnam vet and former Marine had to have his leg amputated a few inches above the ankle. We knew that he was at the VA in Albany and was very sick and on a ventilator for quite a while but had no clue about the amputation. He's already been there for over a month and will probably have to remain there at least another month and then hopefully be able to come to the Providence VA after he heals from the operation. His wife just had hip surgery and is going in for the second hip in May. They are really having a terrible time. We'll write to him. I'm not sure what we can do to help but he and Puppy's Pop always have a lot to talk about at his dental appointments. Maybe he could use a visit? We'll have to figure it out.

Well the weather has cooperated a bit so Puppy''s Pop had to mow the lawn and we're already eating asparagus. That is so good and nice. It did rain all day yesterday but the sun's out now and it's very windy. I'm going to try to catch up on house work and relaxing. Grandson didn't feel too well this morning so I brought him home early. Maybe just a stomach bug.

Quote: Educate men without religion, and you make them but clever devils. __Wellington

No comments: