Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Another Louisiana Day in New England . . .

Alnwick Castle Garden walkway.

Worked in the garden for about an hour yesterday. I must be nuts. It was so hot and humid but at least it's looking good. Should be picking beans next week and the Swiss Chard is ready to eat. The raspberries are crazy this year and Grampa is working like mad to keep up.

Had a really nice visit with Grampa's younger brother and his wife. After dinner she and I had a few nice sips of Sogno di Sorrento, a wonderful lemony cordial. I was introduced to this pleasant libation by friends and on their instructions I keep a bottle in the freezer. Wonderful ending to a hot summer day.

Will be off soon to see older brother. Grampa is on his way to the Coventry RI Horseshoe Club to fix one of the pins. He's already completed his flying for the day. It's really too hot for outdoor activities so I'm glad that he's doing everything this morning. Have to call Apple soon because the earphones I bought for the iPad don't seems to be compatible and that's annoying. Probably my fault. May have ordered the wrong thing.

Quote: Bounded in his nature, infinite in his desires, man is a fallen god who has a recollection of heaven. __Lamartine

No comments: