Monday, June 7, 2010

Still sighing . . .

Yep, finally figured out what was wrong. I was using Edit Html in stead of Compose. When a young man from Groton helped me with the iPad we did some funky stuff. That was my problem. Now I'm back in business. Wouldn't have thought of it if son hadn't mentioned Html Thank you, mon fils! And, oh yes, this is one of the rape flower fields taken from the car or train. Can't do those fields justice except from the air.

Boy, I've finally got one piece of technology working properly! Finally found a plug adapter for the Samsung that daughter in England gave us. Only realized I needed the adapter when I went to charge it! Radio Shack sent me home with the wrong thing and had to give me back my money because they didn't have what I needed! Yikes! That's Radio Shack. They should have all of that stuff plus they told me that I couldn't buy an att sim card? Went to the att store in Brooklyn and they ordered a charger for me but in the mean time I thought of Staples. Yes, yes, yes they had an adapter and so the Samsung slide is now charging and I canceled att but I will go there to get a new sim card. Amazing what little things can make me happy!

We went to Outback for dinner yesterday. Early Father's Day dinner! We haven't been in a while but we had a $50 gift card from Christmas. Good choice. The food was very good and shocker, it only cost $59 for the two of us. That's pretty good. Only 3 drinks and a desert along with the meals.

Haven't gotten back to walking at the Track yet even though Grampa has been flying a couple of times. Just can't seem to get back on track. It'll be a week at 12:30am tomorrow morning since we've gotten home from England and I'm still a bit out of kilter. The heart Doctor was so pleased with me that I don't really have to go back except to have blood work done because of the medicines.

Kiddo graduates Thursday. Seems rather foolish, to me, that they actually have a ceremony when you're going from Kindergarten to First Grade. But, what the heck. I'll go and enjoy it. His last day of school is Friday, so he'll be able to come to Moosup earlier on Fridays during the summer. I'll still go to Groton Wednesdays and Thursdays but I'll stay there with him. We'll find some stuff to do I'm sure. He was funny when we were getting ready to bring him home this week. Wanted to know, "Can I borrow the iPad, Memere?" Cracked me up. And no, he didn't borrow the iPad. I did download a couple of racing games for him, though. He has to use it while sitting on the couch; that's my only caveat.

Quote: Repose without stagnation is the state most favorable to happiness. "The great felicity of life," says Seneca, "is to be without perturbations." __Bovee

No comments: