Sunday, June 20, 2010

Draggin' buttski . . .

Walking down to the bottom of the waterfall.

Spent yesterday on the porch reading up a storm and after supper I worked on watering the garden and pulling weeds. Sure didn't want to get up this morning but we finally rolled out late in the El Camino for Fathers' Day breakfast at Lizzy B's. Since it's Puppy's Pop's special day I'm letting him call the day's events! Now isn't that nice? I'm afraid I missed Mass again and we went to the Dog Track. It's already hot and muggy but I dragged myself around the requisite three times and found a gorgeous turtle trying to commit harikari on the tarmac. That husband of mine wouldn't let me take him home to the little spring because he didn't think it would be a good place for him. And so I just rescued him and put him back on track for the old mud hole. He was a good sized little guy and hissed at me but I saved him inspite of his nasty temper. I wish Kiddo had been with us.

Kiddo did have a blast Friday when he had a chance to ride his bike all over the track and even had a chance to go to the bathroom in the woods. Yes indeedy! He found that really cool. Well the El Camino is getting a washing so I'll just read to my heart's content until Grampa decides we should try out the new Snak Shak in the middle of town! Had ice cream yesterday may try something like clam cakes and chowder today.

This crazy iPad keeps correcting my spelling even when I don't want help. But it's more comfortable typing here in my glider in the kitchen than at the computer so I'll just get used to it.

Quote: I know no such thing as genius; it is nothing but labor and diligence. __Hogarth

No comments: