Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A dandy day . . .



Photos from the ice cream farm and the garden next to R's apartment taken with the phone! Am I getting good or what?

Can't believe that we were able to go to the Dog Track and walk in the sunshine and 70 degree weather. It's salubrious. It's fantastic. It's wonderful. Oh . . . and did I mention I enjoyed it?

My visit with younger sister was the best. We went to lunch and she had a Caesar Salad Chicken Wrap and it was such a pleasure to watch her enjoy the meal. She hadn't had a wrap to eat since she retired and I haven't had a wrap as good at the BLT I ordered. She's so much fun to be with because she just plain enjoys being out and about. After a long leisurely lunch we went to Gran Val Farm in Granville, MA to have home made ice cream and look at all of the animals. It's a beautiful ride up Route 20 only about 8 miles from R's home. I brought her some of Memere's books and a few of my own so she has some reading material. I want to get to see her about once a month but it'll probably work out to every other month. It only takes me about an hour and a quarter to get to East Granby and I go when the traffic is light and return home before it picks up for the late afternoon rush. And . . . to top it off I can stop at Munson's in Bolton for my chocolate fill up. Doesn't get much better than that.

Will be out to dinner this evening with R and S. Just going to Voluntown. It's nice to get out and catch up on our lives. They do seem to get a little crazy sometimes so this will be a restful evening for all of us.

Quote: Every to-morrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith. __H. W. Beecher

No comments: