Monday, June 21, 2010

It truly feels like Summer . . .

Much more holly.

Had a surprise visit from Kiddo, his Mom and Dad late yesterday afternoon. They took us out to dinner at Riverview. I always enjoy not having to make supper so that was a perfect Fathers' Day. They stayed for a while and were smart enough to appreciate the garden!

Got in the best walk in over a month at the Dog Track this morning. R. from Oneco stopped by and watched Puppy's Pop fly. He had his grandson with him. He's a pretty cool kid. He knows more about cars than many adult men. He was telling me about his Dad's truck at Epping and about the damage it had when it did a wheelie without a wheelie bar! Dad knew he had some power but didn't expect to almost go over! He's got it all fixed up now. It can go 180 miles an hour. That's too fast for me.

Went to see brother J. and his wife today. Haven't seen them in a while. Caught up on family happenings and got beat twice at cribbage. Most unfair since I provided a new deck of cards from England! He hadn't wanted to use the new deck but I kind of insisted so I guess I have to take the blame for the shellackings! When I got home Puppy's Pop was using the chain saw to trim the Flowering Chestnut. It's a good thing the chain is in bad shape or I'm quite certain that the entire tree would be gone.

Quote: Words are like leaves, and where they most abound, much fruit of sense beneath is rarely found. __Pope

No comments: