Monday, August 2, 2010

Eating Crow . . .

Guess who feeding the ducks at Harewood Estate.

I got so disgusted with the Norwich Bulletin that I didn't renew our subscription and called them Friday to make sure they didn't keep delivering it. Before I cancelled I called The Day of New London to make sure they delivered to Moosup. The young man said yes. It was all honky-dory and I paid with the credit card. So . . . no paper Saturday. OK. No paper Sunday. OK. Maybe the subscription starts Monday, today. No paper today. I had to leave early today but when I returned we had a message from The Day asking if we had received the paper. If not we were to call and let them know. Grampa called and the lady said they'd have the box in today and we'd get a credit and the paper would be delivered tomorrow. OOPS! We went to lunch at a nice place in Groton called Richoni's and had a beautiful scenic drive up Route 49 to Route 184. Great lunch; Margarita on the rocks with salt and a BLT toasted grinder and Grampa had chowder and fish and chips with a Bud. On our return we had another message this one from Peter at The Day. Sorry, but we don't deliver out your way. We'll send you a check in the mail. Please buy our e-edition. Can you believe it? I called the Bulletin and we're reinstated as of tomorrow. I really like a hard copy of the newspaper. I'm still not comfortable reading on line except if I can get the whole paper just as it is at the news stand on my iPad. And I think that as of right now that means only the New York Times and I'm not paying for that on line. So much for being sick of the Bulletin. I'll still have to suffer but I will do so in silence. I'm addicted to a paper with my coffee.
That damn cold still has me feeling like garbage.

Quote: Wisdom comes by disillusionnment. __Santayana

No comments: