Monday, August 30, 2010

Good times are a-rollin' . . .







Look at the photos from the bottom up. First - the parachute and rigging before he packed it. Second - take off. Third - return. Fourth - reassembled.

Spent a leisurely Sunday reading and appreciating the gorgeous weather. Late in the afternoon we went to visit friends in Oneco and after wine and snacks we were off for dinner. Didn't get home until 9:30. Nice time. A neat glass of Lemoncello, some chocolates and good conversation. Wonderful way to spend a Sunday.

As Puppy's Pop was flying and I was getting in my 2.1 miles Oneco Grampa and grandson stopped in. After the flying and walking the 7 year old showed me the parachute he has rigged up for his "drag" bike. Oh what fun. He took it apart to show us the design, packed it and drove off so he could come flying back and release the chute. Too perfect. What a treat. This young guy is so knowledgeable about all things vehicular and speedy.

We left for a pleasant ride to Sturbridge, MA. I wasn't able to get the flying twirly thingamajigs but I did find some Aeroprops that fly really well and, of course, the ubiquitous balsa gliders. Also picked up a volleyball set. With all the other stuff we've got from years gone by we should be all set. On the way home we had a delicious lunch at Java Jive on 169 in Woodstock. I love a place that is so small you can watch the cook prepare your food!

Just came in from playing horseshoes. When Grampa and I play he has to give me a 23 point handicap. How awful is that? I have about a 3% average. Gross but still fun. I haven't really played in a couple of years so I'm trying to get back in the 6% range : )

Quote: No man is free who is not master of himself. __Epictetus

No comments: