Monday, August 23, 2010

Much needed rain . . .

Elmendorf Air Base really is out there somewhere!

For the second very rainy, windy cool day in a row it hasn't been too bad. Managed to see Carolyn, my favorite PA who is leaving the Walk In at the end of September. She agreed with my new lady Jessica at the new Plainfield Backus Medical Center and so I'm pretty happy to have found someone that Carolyn likes. She is going to be working in the ER nights so she has more time with her kids. She has two young ones and a third on the way. Very nice lady. I wish her well. But I will miss her. She has a very mild personality where as Jessica is rather vociferous and doesn't take any guff. At least she's close to home and has been an APRN for a number of years and has a very good reputation.

On top of that I actually felt like cleaning today. House almost sparkles. Even Puppy's Pop got into the swing of things and made himself another work bench, this time in the basement. He's getting lots of exercise just going up and down the two flights of dangerous stairs. Since we've been using the dehumidifier it's quite comfortable. Certainly not great looking but still bright and dry.

I've got to lose 5 to 10 pounds so I'll be going back to counting calories and cutting out sweets and carbohydrates. Problem is I tend to not really figure out the calories, I just guesstimate. But if I just stop my bedtime snack I can probably lose a few pounds in no time. But . . . I love my bedtime routine. Pooh : (

Time to think about supper. Pepper steak, I think, with rice. I'll finish up the tasty white jasmine rice before I go the brown rice gig.

Quote: Joy, temperance, and repose, slam the door on the doctor's nose. __Ben Franklin

No comments: