Thursday, August 5, 2010

Not too much . . .

Back to Alaska. Naturellement, Denali in the clouds.

Very drab, muggy, yucky, stormy, rainy day for ducks. Supposed to go to the Dinosaur Place and Splash Pad today with Kiddo and friends but we changed our date to next week. His Dad wants to keep him at the Garage for a while this morning so I'll pick him up at noon today instead of ten. He loves to spend time at the Garage and was actually working hard yesterday when I got to Groton. He was busy pulling weeds with his older brother and was doing a good job getting down to the roots. Good worker.

I'll spend my extra time reading. I've almost caught up with my magazines! That's a plus. I'm finally up to date. Spoke with my cousin from Minnesota last night. I was so surprised because they are no longer selling pistachios on line. Her daughter dropped out a couple of months ago. She's been doing it for 23 years and wanted more time to spend on "music." She is an accomplished soprano who is working hard to run and help finance classical programs in Minnesota. She's quite a gal. Of course the pistachios will now all go to wholesalers. I'll miss them.

Grandson and I were outside last Friday after our jubilant fishing expedition with Grampa when we saw a large bird with a white head and huge wing span riding the thermals. It was much larger than the turkey buzzards which were circling around beneath it. Kiddo claims it was a bald eagle and I have to agree with him. We got out the binoculars and saw the magnificent bird in greater detail. By the time I got Grampa down from the plane room our eagle had flown off to the North. That was a first for me, spotting a bald eagle in Moosup. I've seen them in Norwich at the dam but never this close to home. Wonderful!

Almost forgot. I had promised Kiddo during the past school year that we could go to ToysRus to get a big toy when he could tie his shoes for 5 days in a row. At lunch yesterday he made a deal with me. "Hey Meme, since I tied my shoes last week I only have to tie them four more times and we'll have five in a row. So, how 'bout we go home and I'll tie my shoes four more times and then we can go to ToysRus and get something big?" "Good idea," says I. And that's just what we did. Such a charmer!

Quote: As dreams are the fancies of those that sleep, so fancies are but the dreams of those awake. ___Blount

No comments: