Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So tall and sleek . . .

Flamingos at Harewood. Last of the England 2010 photos.

Rather unusual weather today. Cloudy, slight wind yet muggyish. But it was good for walking at the Dog Track without a hat. The best part of today has been seeing a magnificent Blue Heron walking along the top of the rubble heap as I was beginning my walk. She stayed there just parading back and forth for a few minutes before gracefully lifting off into the breeze. As I was trekking around I saw two more herons flying overhead. Not sure if it was the same one just circling or if she had a couple of friends flying in. Beautiful birds.

Stopped for coffee and a fresh blueberry muffin this morning before I started my house work. Have a bit of energy today, so I'd best get moving.

Quote: Heaven and earth fight in vane against a dunce. __Schiller

No comments: