Monday, August 9, 2010

Sick and tired of it . . .


On the way to Fairbanks.

So sick and tired of this cough. I did walk my 3 turns around the Dog Track this morning before we headed to Lizzy B's for a muffin and coffee. A friend of Grampa's stopped by the track with his grandson and we had a nice conversation about flying and the drags. Nice kid. Only 7 years old but knows so much about racing. I'm sure he'll be racing himself fairly soon. They're already looking at a Junior Dragster for him. His Mom has some sort of dragster too. I believe his Dad's truck is in the 7 second category.

In any case I called the new Backus Primary Care Clinic on our street to get an appointment for this cough which has been hanging around for more than a week. Just as I seem better it starts back up again. The girl asked who my Primary Care doctor was. I said it wasn't them but Carolyn at the Walk-In. So . . . she said no appointment. Okay, says I,"How am I supposed to get an appointment?" I explained that Carolyn is leaving the Walk In soon and I would like to see someone who is close to me, like on Plainfield Rd. The Cardiologists from Norwich also work out of the new Backus Primary Care and they told me I should schedule my appointments here. So. . . I finally did get an appointment tomorrow at 11am. I hope they don't tick me off. We really do have to find someone we can count on. I hate it that Carolyn is leaving. I really liked her. Here I am griping again. Time to quit.

Quote: Our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything. __Shakespeare

No comments: