Sunday, August 8, 2010

Miersable . . .


Well looks like I won't make the VJ Day festivities this year. I hate that. I don't think I've ever missed going to the parade and I've certainly never missed niece and nephew's party. But this "summer whatever I have" started out with a really bad stomach, turned into a terribly bad cough and now is back to a really, really bad stomach ache. So . . . being kind to everyone I'll stay home and perhaps get Grampa to deliver my Smirnoff Ice and Ballet of Angels to the party where he can have some eats and play horseshoes while I have a pity party!

Friday, when Kiddo was here he wanted to go fishing so Grampa and he went off on their own to Porter Pond. Came back with a mud pout ( bull head, cat fish) and a pumpkin seed. They had thrown back a mud pout that wasn't hooked badly and so saved its life. Grampa clean the mud pout and had it for supper along with our regular fare from Riverview. Kiddo got a kick out of that even though he wouldn't take a bite. He fancies himself quite a fisherman as he caught all three of the fish and casts out all by himself. I love it. They also spent a lot of time racing the remote control blue, snazzy car and the hummer around the driveway before opting to work with the flight simulator.

Well that's it. I'm pissy as hell since I thought I was on the mend. At least I had a pretty good night's sleep. That was a plus!

Quote: What is difficulty? - Only a word indicating the degree of strength requisite for accomplishing particular objects; a mere notice of the necessity for exertion; a bugbear to children and fools; only a stimulus to men. __Samuel Warren

No comments: